Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Left Behind


I know what it means when Angie gets out the box that she takes to the airport, the one with all of her clothes, and my food and toys.  It means that we are taking a trip.  And you know that I really like trips a lot!  Especially since that grumpy old cat Oscar never gets to go.  But this time something was different.  The stuff that she was packing had a different smell than what she usually packs, and it looked different.  There was a long- sleeve kind of clothes that had a zipper down the back, some things that looked like duck feet, only much bigger, a kind of jacket without sleeves, and a thing that had thin tubes coming out of it, oh, and a kind of mask that you could see through. 

She did not pack any boots or blue pants with all of the pockets, and there was nothing that belonged to me.  I sat there watching her, and wondered what was going on.  It turns out that she is going to use all of this stuff when she goes scuba diving, which is something that happens under the ocean, and does not involve dogs, just people. This is the first time Angie has left without me. 

I’m not sure how long she was gone, but I really missed her.  Kip and Chris spent a lot of time with me.  Chris even had some friends over that I like.  Still, I didn’t get to go to training the whole time she was away.  Whenever I could, I went to the closet where she keeps her real clothes, the ones she wears for training.  I lay down and smelled her scent.  Then, one day she came home.  I was so happy to see her, I put my paws on her, spun around in a circle, barked, and didn’t want to do anything but be around her.  I sure hope this does not happen again, because I really don’t like being left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment