Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sleepover with Sasha


I went to training at Disaster City, and my mom had to stay overnight to go to a meeting the next day.  So rather than have me sit and be bored in my crate in the car, she asked Sasha’s dad if he would take me home and let me spend the night at Sasha’s house.  He said yes, and I got into her crate in his car, and away we went.  We took turns sitting up and lying down in the crate on the way home.


When we got to Sasha’s house, the first thing we did was run around outside.  She lives at a place with horses, so there are lots of different smells.  She also has a pool.  I was about to jump in, but her dad told me “no” so I did not.  I know that if one of us jumped in, the other one would be right in the water too.

Next, we ate dinner.  And then we hung out with a bunch of dogs that are about the size of Oscar the cat.  They are called King Charles Cavalier Spaniels, and they are not search dogs, but pets.  They are the kind of dogs who would rather watch a movie like “All Dogs Go to Heaven” than a movie that Sasha and I would select, like “Air Bud.”

When it was time to go to sleep, we went into the room with Sasha’s mom and dad.  There was a dog bed that Sasha usually uses, but she let me sleep on that one, and she used a different one.  At one time during the night, we both jumped on the bed, but that didn’t last for long.  We slept side by side all night.

The next day, we played all day long, running, chasing each other, and by the end of the day I was tired.  I started thinking about going home, and then I heard Angie’s car pull up in the driveway. I was glad to see her and very happy when she came in the gate and hugged me.  The funny thing is that Sasha did not want me to leave.  She came up to the car, and tried to jump in.  I guess she does not have many friends come to visit.  I hope that we can have another sleepover soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment