Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Birthday Party (was not for me)

So right away I know something is up.  Angie is not dressed for training, and she gives me a bath.  We drive over to Sprinkles’ house and pick up her mom who is also dressed differently, and Sprinkles smells like me, clean.  She gets in the crate with me and away we go.

As soon as we get to this building, I hear little kids yelling and I smell other dogs.  Angie goes inside and when she comes back to the car, she tells us, “You are not the only dogs at this party.”  It turns out that we were invited because this little kid who is only 2 years old likes dogs. So instead of presents for him, everybody brought dog stuff.  That sounds good to me.  Maybe there are new toys or treats for Sprinkles and me.


Do you know what a Great Dane looks like?  It is a dog who is so tall, I have to look up to see his face.  There was a mom dog and 2 puppies, just walking around.  Not very good manners, those dogs, sniffing me and Sprinkles, but we were on our best behavior.  Lots of little kids came up to pet us, baby talk to us, and we even had our pictures taken with some of them.  I wore a hat that looks a lot like Sasha’s ears, pointed at the top.

There was a big table, and it was covered with dog food, toys, blankets, leashes, bowls, and beds.  I thought about jumping up there, but I knew that I would get in trouble.  It turns out that all this stuff was for dogs who do not have homes, but live in a shelter like I did before I became part of Angie’s family.  So really, I have enough of everything, and I know that there are dogs who need this stuff.

We stayed a long time.  I was really tired from all of that noise, and having so many people come up to me.  I mean I am a friendly dog, but I would rather be training than partying.  I hope that we do not do this again. The next time there is a party, I hope it is on a rubble pile with lots of people hiding for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment