Monday, May 21, 2012

Sprinkles Spends the Night

Angie left me at home while she went out.  She was dressed for training, but I didn’t get to go.  Sometimes I have learned that she puts on those clothes and we don’t get to train.  It can get very confusing for a dog.  I like everything to be simple.

I hung out with Chris and Kip, had some dinner, and was taking a nap, when I hear the sound of Angie’s car.  I always know when she is home, and am ready to meet her at the door when she comes in – unless I am in my crate.  In that case, I just start thumping my tail from side to side because I know that she will let me out to say hello.

Guess what?  She is not alone.  My friend, Sprinkles, walks right in the house, and I am not expecting that.  We kind of play fight, sniff each other, and run from one room to the other. We both try to get Chris and Kip to pet us, and finally share a bowl of water and lay down on the kitchen floor.  Our tails are touching, and we are looking at each other – two retrievers, me a Labrador, and Sprinkles, a Golden.

When it is time to go to sleep, I let Sprinkles sleep on the dog bed with me.  Sometimes during the night, she makes these little noises and moves her legs like she is running.  Maybe she is having a dream about the rubble pile.  Then she is quiet.

In the morning, we both eat breakfast and take a short walk together.  I like having her around.  She is almost as much fun as Sasha, just not as big.  Then Angie puts me in my crate, and she and Sprinkles leave the house together.  Hey, that is not right…what about me?  But later on I know what happened, because when Angie comes back home, Sprinkles is not with her, and Angie smells like she has been to the vet’s office.  Now I get it.  She took Sprinkles to see the vet, and then took her home.  Still, it was fun having company for a little while.  Come back soon, Sprinkles, and next time, I hope you can stay for more than one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment