Wednesday, June 6, 2012

T-O-Y


 T-O-Y.  That is how Angie sometimes talks when she doesn’t want me to know what she is saying, like when we are at training and she says to Sprinkles’ mom, “Do you have a T-O-Y with you?”  Does she really think that I don’t know what she means?  We all know what that means.  It means TOY!!  But we play along, Sprinkles, Sasha, and me.

There are many kinds of toys, and I have my favorites.  For retrieving, I love my red ball.  It is so old that it doesn’t squeak anymore.  It is the toy that I use when we go to the park, but not a training toy.  For training, I like any toy that I can use to play tug.  So the most important thing is that it have a handle or rope so that somebody can hold on to it while I tug like crazy.  There is one toy that has an empty water bottle inside of it, so it crackles.  I like that sound.   I have a bag full of toys that Angie takes to training.  Sometimes she will have a brand new one, which is fun, but I really like all of my old ones just fine.

Sasha is so funny.  There is only one toy she likes, and she will not even play with anything else.  One time Angie tried to play tug with her using one of my toys and she just spit it out of her mouth.  But I would play with Sasha’s toy, if she would ever let me near it.  I know better than to mess with that.

Now Sprinkles is more like me. She likes a lot of different toys. Her favorites are “babies,” which are stuffed animals.  I have seen her tug with bears, sharks, snakes, frogs, cats, and monkeys.  I also enjoy those soft, fluffy toys, but after I finish tugging, I like to rip them apart, and see all of the white stuffing come out.  So Angie doesn’t keep them around.

I just met a dog who likes a “floppie.”  That is a toy made of cloth in the shape of a circle, and it goes really far when somebody throws it.  It doesn’t make a very good tug toy because it is easy to rip apart.  But for a retrieve toy, it is fine.

The only time I get a toy is when I am training.  There are no toys at home, none.  Not even a tennis ball.  So when I do get a toy, I am very excited.  Usually, once I get it, I don’t want to let go of it, so Angie says in a loud voice, “OUT,” and I have to give it up…until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment