Monday, April 28, 2014

Sharing Disaster City


Lots of dogs came to Disaster City for the weekend, and I made some new friends.  We all stayed in our groups, and played for 2 days on all of the cool stuff.  The dogs in my group were George, Noah, Nytro, Duke, Rainy, and Luke. They were all labs like me, except for one dog who looked like Sprinkles. Dogs traveled from California, Ohio, Nebraska, Indiana, and other states because they wanted to come to my favorite place.  And of course, they were not disappointed!

I think that the trains were a favorite, especially when Angie hid in the luggage rack above the seats.  You should have seen those dogs go so fast, too fast, and then turn and dance on their back legs when they caught her scent.  She threw toys down to them, and they were very excited.

There was also a tough problem on Rubble Pile 1.  Two people hid very close to each other, and there was a lot of scent in the same place.  I used my nose very carefully so that I could tell that there were 2 of them, not just one.  This was challenging for all of us.

All dogs were polite, and respected each other.  I did not see any fights or problems.  And the vets were there to check on us every day.  The first day was hot, and the next day was cold, so most of the dogs had a lot more energy.  I was not tired at the end of the weekend, but I did sleep well.

And guess where Angie and I stayed?  We were in a hotel with 2 other people and their dogs, Pigeon and Cojo.  Of course, we all slept in our kennels at night, and did not bother each other.  Well, that is not exactly true.  I tried to get one of Pigeon’s toys, and I went into Cojo’s kennel while he was outside.  I am always curious, and I sure hope we get to see each other again soon. I think all my new friends had a good time at my favorite place!

No comments:

Post a Comment