Friday, October 31, 2014

The Dog Who Ate Too Much

First of all, this is not about me. I am not that dog…but I think that this story could be about almost any Labrador Retriever out there. We are known to be food hounds. But enough about us. Let me tell you what happened.

A few of us were at Disaster City, including Sasha, Pigeon and Cojo. There were also a couple of young dogs who are just learning how to do their jobs. Angie was hiding for Pigeon, but before Pigeon started to search, his mom called out, “Angie, could you come take a look at my dog?” I was in my kennel in the car when this happened, but I could see what was going on next to Rubble Pile 1. Angie got off the pile, and she felt the dog’s stomach and looked closely at him. I could tell that Pigeon was not moving right, and he was not excited about going on the pile. That is not a good sign.

All at once, Pigeon’s car drove away. As it turned out, he was on his way to see Dr. Z, the vet who takes care of us. I could tell that Angie was worried, and so were the other humans. Here is what happened. There is a machine that can see inside of a dog’s body, and you will not believe what was in Pigeon’s stomach…..6 to 8 cups of dog food that were making his belly stretch out so big that it hurt. That is a lot of food, and it took a long time for it to get out of the dog. Well, you know how dogs go potty.

I bet you are wondering, how did Pigeon get so much food? It turns out that there is one container of food at his house that does not have a twist top. This one has a little latch on it, and he used his mouth to open it, and eat too much! Pigeon is fine now, but he did not eat for a couple of days. Feel better, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment