Monday, June 1, 2015

A Busy Weekend


We spent 2 days at a training exercise for people and dogs.  We rode on a bus to Disaster City, and then with a lot of people and 3 other dogs, we followed directions about what to do.  Here is the strange thing.  All of the people had to wear these white pants and shirts that were on top of their real clothes.  They also wore big rubber boots on top of their real boots, and masks on their faces.  Everybody looked very different, but kind of the same.

I did not get to work very much.  I did a search around the outside of a building, not able to go inside.  Still I was able to smell people in the building, so I barked where my nose told me was the right place, and Angie gave me a toy.  And later that day, we got back on the bus to go to a building to spend the night.  We went back to Disaster City when it was still night time.  Then we got back on the bus to spend the night one more time.

Here is what I know.  Sometimes, the dogs must wait, stay in their kennels, and wait some more.  They might have jobs, but they do not always get to work.  So all of us need to be able to relax, and not get upset.  We all love to search, but we don’t always get what we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment