Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bella, the Visiting Small Dog

One of Angie and Kip’s friends is staying with us.  And he brought his Yorkie – that is a small terrier dog – with him.  Bella is only 2 years old, and she has a lot of energy.  I feel bad for her because her human, Jeff, does not let her play except when he gets up in the morning, for a few minutes.  When he gets home from work, he feeds her and stays in his room, watching television. 

When Bella does get out of the bedroom, she races down the stairs, jumps on the furniture, and also jumps on me.  She puts her paws on my face, and sometimes runs under my stomach. When I get tired of this, I growl at her – no biting of course – and she stops.

I know that she is more comfortable at my house now.  When she first came, she pooped and peed on the floor.  She doesn’t do that anymore.  It can be tough for dogs to have changes in how or where they live, and that is what’s going on with her.  Still, a tired dog is usually a happy dog.  This makes me so glad that I get lots of exercise every day.  Thank you, Angie, for knowing that I need that.

Oh, and Bella even has a Halloween costume.   I am not sure what she is supposed to be, but there is a purple vest with a green collar.  And there is a little hat that fits over her head that has brown ears.  Very strange, these small dogs…

No comments:

Post a Comment