Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My New Kennel

This is kind of embarrassing to write, but you will enjoy hearing about the latest addition to the car.  It is a new kennel for me!  You might want to know, “Sammie, what was wrong with the old one?  Why did you need a new kennel?”  Here is the reason: when I am waiting my turn to train, especially when I hear other dogs barking on the rubble pile, or see them ready to go, I get VERY excited, and I push against the wire gate on my kennel.  I have done this with so many kennels that the wire gate falls off. Sometimes I also bite the plastic edge of the kennel.

I know this is not respectful behavior.  I know that Angie has bought many new kennels because I have been so destructive.  I have the same kind of kennel in the kitchen, and I don’t destroy that one.  Does this behavior make me a bad dog?  I just want to work, and you know that I have difficulty waiting my turn.

The new kennel is called an “escape proof” model. It is not plastic, and the gate is not wire.   Everything is metal, and there are 3 locks on the gate.  It looks like a giant, fierce, biting dog should be inside, not a small, gentle dog like me.  But I must tell you, this kennel keeps me from trying to bust through the gate.  There will be no escaping for Sammie, and no more trips to the store for Angie to buy more.  I can’t say that I like
this kennel, but I respect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment